The benefits of thermal baths for post-Salcantay trekking recovery
Welcome to our informative article about the benefits of thermal baths for recovery after completing the impressive Salcantay trekking. If you’ve had the courage to embark on this exciting journey, we know you must be seeking ways to alleviate fatigue and take care of your body. Don’t worry! Here, we will show you how thermal baths can be an ideal solution to recover and relax after such a challenging hike.
What is the Salcantay Trekking?
The Salcantay Trekking is a route that will take you through the most stunning landscapes of the Peruvian Andes. This hike will allow you to be in direct contact with the majesty of nature as you cross mountains, valleys, and finally reach the iconic citadel of Machu Picchu. It is not an easy route, as it involves physical and mental challenges, but the reward is incomparable.
Why Choose Thermal Baths for Post-Salcantay Trekking Recovery?
After completing the challenging Salcantay trekking, your body needs well-deserved rest and recovery. This is where thermal baths become a perfect choice. These thermal waters, rich in minerals and nutrients, have been recognized for centuries for their healing and relaxing properties. By immersing yourself in their warm waters, you will experience a series of benefits for your body and mind.
Benefits of Thermal Baths
- Muscular Relaxation: The long walks and challenging terrains of the Salcantay Trekking can cause muscle tension and fatigue. Thermal baths provide deep relaxation to your muscles, relieving stiffness and reducing the feeling of tiredness.
- Pain Relief: Minerals present in the thermal waters, such as magnesium and sulfur, have analgesic properties that help reduce pain and discomfort in the joints and muscles after the trekking.
- Improved Blood Circulation: The heat of the water in the thermal baths dilates blood vessels and improves blood flow in your body. This promotes tissue oxygenation and helps eliminate toxins accumulated during the journey.
- Stress and Anxiety Reduction: Immersing yourself in thermal waters is a relaxing experience that helps release tensions and reduce stress and anxiety. You will feel in harmony with nature and have an overall sense of well-being.
- Skin Rehydration: Thermal water is rich in beneficial minerals for the skin, making it perfect for revitalizing and rehydrating it after days of outdoor walking.
- Promotes Restful Sleep: After an intense hike, your body will need good rest. Thermal baths can improve the quality of sleep, allowing you to recharge energy to continue enjoying your journey.
Discover the Thermal Refuges on the Salcantay Trekking
After conquering the challenging routes of the Salcantay Trekking and delighting in the spectacular landscapes of the Peruvian Andes, it’s time to reward yourself with a rejuvenating experience in the thermal baths. These natural havens of well-being are the perfect answer to revitalize your body and mind after a demanding hike. Below, we present the outstanding places along the way where you can immerse yourself in these healing waters.
Cocalmayo – Santa Teresa: Oasis of Relaxation
Near the picturesque village of Santa Teresa, an authentic oasis of relaxation awaits: Cocalmayo. Here, you can immerse yourself in crystalline thermal waters that flow from the depths of the earth. The relief you will experience by soaking in these warm pools will be incomparable. Your muscles will thank you for the relief of tension accumulated during the hike, and your mind will calm amidst the natural beauty that surrounds you.
Aguas Calientes – Renewal by Machu Picchu
Aguas Calientes, also known as Machu Picchu Pueblo, is the starting and ending point for many adventurers visiting the astonishing citadel of Machu Picchu. Before or after admiring this archaeological wonder, a moment of regeneration awaits you in its thermal waters. Imagine immersing yourself in the hot springs surrounded by lush vegetation and panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. A delight for all your senses.
Cconoc – Collpapampa: A Hidden Treasure
On your journey to the Salkantay Pass, you will come across the Collpapampa camp. Not far from here, one of the hidden treasures of the path awaits: the Cconoc thermal baths. This paradisiacal corner offers a magical atmosphere, surrounded by vibrant Andean flora. Immerse yourself in its therapeutic waters and feel how fatigue and worries dissipate, making room for new energy and vitality.
A Respite for Body and Soul
The thermal baths on the Salcantay Trekking are much more than just a reward after a strenuous hike. They are an opportunity to connect with the essence of nature, heal the body, and rejuvenate the spirit. Cocalmayo in Santa Teresa, Aguas Calientes near Machu Picchu, and Cconoc in Collpapampa are just a few of the wonderful places where you will find these thermal refuges. So, before or after conquering the Salcantay Trekking and marveling at the grandeur of Machu Picchu, treat yourself to the luxury of enjoying these healing waters. An unforgettable experience to complete your adventure through the magnificent landscapes of the Peruvian Andes!
5 Days FROM US$ 700
Type of Trip: Trekking
Group size: Maximo 15 people
Sites visited: Cusco , Challacancha , Cruz Pata, Soraypampa, Wayrapata , Chaullay, La Playa, Santa Teresa, Hydroelectric , Aguas Calientes, MachupicchuSee Itinerary
5 Days FROM US$ 792
Type of Trip: Trekking
Group size: Maximo 15 people
Sites visited: Cusco, Soraypampa, Humantay Lagoon, Salkantay Pampa, Pampa Japonesa, Paso Del Condor, Inca Canal, Paucarcancha, Llaqtapata , Ollantaytambo, Sun Gate, Machu PicchuSee Itinerary