How much does the Salkantay Trekking cost?
Welcome to the fascinating world of Salkantay Trekking! If you’ve ever wondered how much it costs to embark on this exciting adventure in the Peruvian Andes, you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll reveal all the details about the price of Salkantay Trekking and why it’s an experience you won’t want to miss.
Exploring the price of Salkantay Trekking
Now, let’s talk about the cost of the Salkantay Trekking, a question that many adventurers surely ask themselves. It is important to keep in mind that prices can vary according to different factors, such as the duration of the trek, the services included and the season in which you decide to do it.
The average price of the Salkantay Trekking ranges between $500 and $800 per person. However, it is crucial to remember that these numbers are approximate and subject to variations. Remember to research various options and compare prices to find the best offer that fits your needs and expectations.
Factors that influence the cost of Salkantay Trekking
Several elements can affect the final price of the Salkantay Trekking. Some of them include:
- Duration of the trek: Tours vary in length, from 4 days to 7 days, which can influence the total price of the package.
- Services included: When comparing different travel agencies, be sure to check what services are included in the price. Some packages may cover lodging, meals, transportation and guides, while others may require additional payments for these items.
- Season: High season, which runs from May to September, tends to have slightly higher prices due to demand. If you are looking for a more economical option, consider traveling during the low season.
- Small groups vs. large groups: Some agencies offer smaller group trekking options, which can have an impact on price. If you prefer a more intimate and personalized experience, this may be an important consideration.
What is included in the price of the Salkantay Trekking?
Now that we have talked about the cost, it is essential to understand what is included in the price of the Salkantay Trekking. Although services may vary between different agencies, in general, you can expect the price to cover the following:
- Expert guides: Throughout the trek, you will have professional guides who will accompany you and provide information about the route, local culture and points of interest.
- Lodging: Accommodation is usually provided in basic camps or lodges along the route. However, be sure to check what type of accommodation is offered before making your reservation.
- Food: Most Salkantay Trekking packages include meals during the trek. Ask about the dietary options available to suit your needs.
- Transportation: Transportation from Cusco to the trek starting point is generally included in the price. Be sure to confirm this detail with your travel agency.
- Entrance fees and permits: Entrance fees to Machu Picchu National Park and trekking permits are also usually included in the price.
Tips on how to get the best price for Salkantay Trekking
If you are looking to get the best price for your Salkantay Trekking adventure, here are some useful tips:
- Book early: Plan your trip ahead of time to make sure you get the best deals and date availability.
- Compare different agencies: Research and compare prices and services offered by various travel agencies. Don’t limit yourself to the first option you find.
- Consider the low season: Traveling during the low season can result in cheaper prices and fewer tourists.
- Opt for larger groups: If you don’t mind sharing the experience with more people, joining larger groups can be a more economical option.
7 Days FROM US$ 1100
Type of Trip: Trekking
Group size: Maximo 15 people
Sites visited: Cusco, Marcoccasa , Soraypampa, Lake Humantay, Ichupata, Chiriasca Inca Pass, Inca Canal, Cancha Pauccar, Wayllabamba, Ayapata, Warmi Wañusca, Chaquicocha, Phuyupatamarca , Wiñay Wayna, Machu PicchuSee Itinerary